Return to On-time Performance Service Awards Home
About the OPS Awards
Recognizing Exceptional On-time Performance
FlightStats tracks the performance of nearly 150,000 flights operated and serviced by thousands of airlines and airports each day. We archive that data and analyze the performance by airline, by route, and by airport to keep track of how those airlines and airports perform and how the industry performs as a whole.
The FlightStats OPS awards were designed to recognize those airlines and airports that demonstrate consistently high performance and deliver on their promise to deliver passengers to their destinations in a timely manner.
Selection Process for Airlines
The selection process used to determine the finalists and winners for 2014 within each category include:
- Airline performance is determined based on on-time arrivals (arrived at the gate less than 15 minutes after the published scheduled arrival time).
- Awards are based on performance results for the airline and their regional subsidiary flights. Only in the case of Regional and Low Cost Carrier categories is performance is based solely on operating carrier only.
- Performance is assessed only for airlines where FlightStats can accurately determine the outcome of 90% or greater of an airline’s flights in the North America, Europe and Asia Pacific categories. In Latin America and Middle East & Africa categories performance where FlightStats can determine outcome of 70% or greater of the airlines’ flights are considered.
- Only scheduled passenger flights are included in the analysis (no charter, unscheduled, or cargo flights are considered).
- All award categories include all arrivals operated by the airline.
- For global airline awards, all flights operated by the airline are evaluated.
Selection Process for Airports (Historical)
The selection process used to determine the finalists and winners within each category included:
- Airport performance is determined based on on-time departures (departed from the gate less than 15 minutes after the published scheduled departure time).
- Awards are based solely on performance results for flights departed from the airport.
- Performance is assessed only for airports where FlightStats can accurately determine the outcome of at least 50% of an airport’s departures.
- Only scheduled passenger flights are included in the analysis (no charter or unscheduled passenger flights, or cargo flights are considered).