OPS Awards program recognizes airlines with the best on-time arrival performance in 2009
FlightStats, a flight tracking and airport information service provided by Conducive Technology Corp., today announced the list of airlines that are finalists in FlightStats’ On-time Performance Service (OPS) Awards program. The OPS awards recognize airlines around the world that deliver the highest percentage of flights to their arrival gates within 15 minutes of the scheduled arrival time.
Winners will be announced on April 15th. For more information, please visit the FlightStats On-time Performance Service Awards page.
“We are happy to be able to recognize operational excellence on the
part of carriers around the globe and help call attention to those airlines that stand above the rest,” said Jeff Kennedy, Conducive Technology Corp.’s CEO. The company has been tracking airline on-time performance since 2004.
Awards will be presented for 2009 operational excellence in the following categories:
- Major Global Carriers
- Major North American Carriers
- North American Regional Carriers
- Major European Carriers
- Major Asian Carriers
The Major Global Carriers category includes airlines that fly a significant number of trans-oceanic or trans- continental flights and operate at least 30,000 flights annually. The five finalists in this category include:
- All Nippon Airways
- Japan Airways International (JAL)
- Scandinavian Airlines System (SAS)
- Singapore Airlines
- South African Airways
The Major North American Carriers category includes airlines based in North America and operating at least 30,000 annual scheduled flights. The five finalists include:
- Alaska Airlines
- Frontier Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- United Airlines
- US Airways
The North American Regional Carriers category is comprised of airlines based in North American with service concentrated in certain regions, states and provinces in North America and operating at least 30,000 scheduled flights annually. The five finalists in this category include:
- Chautauqua Airlines
- Hawaiian Airlines
- Horizon Air
- Mesaba Aviation
- Shuttle America
The European Carriers category includes airlines based in Europe and operating at least 30,000 scheduled
flights annually. Finalists include:
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
- KLM Cityhopper
- Scandinavian Airlines System (SAS)
- SAS Norway
- Tyrolean Airways (Tiroler Luftfahrt)
The Asian Carriers category includes airlines based in Asia and operating at least 30,000 scheduled flight
annually. The OPS Award finalists include:
- All Nippon Airways (ANA)
- Air Nippon Network
- Bangkok Airways
- JAL Express
- Japan Airlines International (JAL)
Additional Selection Criteria:
- Airline performance was determined based on on-time arrivals (arrived at the gate within 15 minutes of the published scheduled arrival).
- Awards are based solely on performance results for flights operated by the carrier (no codeshares or regional subsidiary flights were considered).
- Performance was assessed only for airlines where FlightStats had at least 50% coverage of the carriers operated flights (coverage means we have sufficient data to accurately determine the outcome of a flight).
- Only scheduled passenger flights were included in the analysis (no charter, unscheduled or cargo flights).
- For the North American regional award, only flights departing and arriving within the region are included in the analysis.
- For global carrier awards, all flights operated by the carrier were evaluated.
FlightStats is an airline, airport, and travel information service provided by FlightStats, Inc. Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, the company provides flight status data, flight monitoring and alerts, airport delay information and much more to mobile developers, airlines, travel agencies, airports, hotels and Web developers worldwide via APIs, data feeds and RSS feeds. On the FlightStats Web site at http://www.flightstats.com/, visitors can get flight status, track flights, view on-time performance ratings by flight or by airline, check for current airport delay and weather information, and much more. FlightStats provides global flight status information and is the definitive source for historical airline performance data.